Strona główna Fakty żywieniowe Jak się żywić? Przepisy Historia diety Forum  

Forum dyskusyjne serwisu www.DobraDieta.pl  FAQ    Szukaj    Użytkownicy    Czat      Statystyki  
  · Zaloguj Rejestracja · Profil · Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości · Grupy  

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
Otwarty przez: Witold Jarmolowicz
Wto Sty 01, 2013 11:07
Autism low carb ( Autyzm - low carb)
Autor Wiadomość
sylwiazłodzi 
AutismLowCarbDiet

Pomogła: 13 razy
Wysłany: Śro Mar 31, 2010 21:13   Autism low carb ( Autyzm - low carb)

link: http://autism-therapy.sui...autism-symptoms

Paleo "Caveman" Diet Can Treat Autism Symptoms

Mar 22, 2010 Jane Anderson

The Paleolithic Diet, also known as the Paleo Diet or Caveman Diet, could be the one of the best autism diets for parents hoping to see autism recovery in their child

For most people, the term "autism diet" refers to the gluten-free, casein-free (GFCF) diet, which is well-known for improving autism symptoms in children on the autism spectrum. But for some children, the GFCF diet may not be enough. These children often improve initially and then begin to regress again, even though their parents are confident they're following the diet correctly.

These children may need extra help in the form of a stricter autism diet approach. Although only a few parents are following the Paleo Diet/Caveman Diet as an autism treatment, the Paleo Diet's promoters say it shows real promise as a way to promote autism recovery.
Paleo Diet Focuses on Meats, Vegetables, Fruits

The idea behind the Paleo Diet/Caveman Diet is to eat foods that our ancestors would have eaten before the dawn of agriculture. According to proponents of the diet, the grains, legumes, dairy products and sugar that are so common today didn't exist (at least in edible form) in the Paleolithic era.

Therefore, humans did not evolve eating these foods and are not well-adapted to consume them, diet theory postulates. Foods such as meat, fish, eggs, shellfish, vegetables, tree nuts, roots, fruits and mushrooms were on the menu in the Paleo era, and in theory humans are better adapted to consume these foods, according to Paleo Diet/Caveman Diet proponents.
Caveman Diet Meshes Well with Autism Diet Principles

Most of those following a special diet for autism have eliminated the proteins gluten (found in the grains wheat, barley, and rye) and casein (found in dairy products). The Paleo Diet/Caveman Diet also bans these proteins, and also forbids most of the foods that potentially could be contaminated with trace amounts of these proteins (such as virtually all grains and grain products, regardless of whether they are labeled "gluten free").

Read more at Suite101: Paleo "Caveman" Diet Can Treat Autism Symptoms: Autism Diet Approach Cuts Foods Such as Gluten, Casein, Grains http://autism-therapy.sui...s#ixzz0jmqZwIWM

Some followers of the GFCF autism diet speculate that the Paleo Diet/Caveman Diet is successful in treating autism simply because it eliminates gluten and casein, and that other effects are incidental. But the handful of parents whose autistic children are following the Paleo Diet/Caveman Diet say its inherent low-carb approach also helps with yeast and bacterial overgrowth in the intestines, and the diet may have other benefits that haven't been researched yet.

The GFCF diet as it's commonly used actually can be higher in carbohydrates than a normal diet, since children with autism who follow the GFCF diet often eat large amounts of gluten- and casein-free baked goods, which are very high in sugar and carbs.
Paleo Diet Variations Hold to Same Principles for Autism

There are many variations of the Paleo Diet/Caveman Diet, but all hold to the same basic set of principles that foods eaten by humankind's remote ancestors before the dawn of civilization are far better-suited to modern-day humans than foods developed later.

In terms of autism, most or all the variations seem to hit the diet "basics," i.e., no gluten or casein. They also go even further than the basics by eliminating sugar and starches, which some alternative medicine practitioners believe feed yeast and bacteria in the gut and contribute to autism symptoms. This belief also supports the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, which is somewhat more common in autism treatment than the Paleo Diet/Caveman Diet.

The Paleo Diet/Caveman Diet also stresses vitamin D levels, which commonly are too low in autistic children and adults.
Autyzm dieta niskowęglwodanowa - Autism Low Carb Diet

sylwiazłodzi 
AutismLowCarbDiet

Wysłany: Nie Kwi 04, 2010 22:41   

Alternative Diet

An alternative plan to accomplish the same goal is to adopt the Atkins Diet. To follow the Atkins Diet, eat no more than 20 g of carbs per day during the first two weeks on the plan. Following this, double your daily carb limit to 40, but strive to reach this limit by eating mainly vegetables and limited amounts of fruit while completely avoiding grains. While "ordinary" dieters would again increase carb intake as they near their target weight, if you are using the diet to curb the symptoms of autism or ADHD you should instead remain at this lower limit indefinitely.

http://www.ehow.com/about...tism-diets.html

epilepsy ( often with autism

State of the Ketogenic Diet(s) in Epilepsy

http://www.matthewsfriend...ntNNKossoff.pdf

Witold Jarmolowicz 
Site Admin

Wysłany: Czw Maj 06, 2010 22:53   

Jest w tym wiele racji.
Poza tym oni nie zatruwali planowo swoich dzieci szczepionkami zawierającymi rtęć, formaldehyd, fenol i żywe wirusy.
JW

sylwiazłodzi 
AutismLowCarbDiet

Wysłany: Czw Sie 26, 2010 08:18   

Application of a ketogenic diet in children with autistic behavior: pilot study.

1: J Child Neurol. 2003 Feb;18(2):113-8.

Evangeliou A et al.

A pilot prospective follow-up study of the role of the ketogenic
diet was carried out on 30 children, aged between 4 and 10 years,
with autistic behavior. The diet was applied for 6 months, with
continuous administration for 4 weeks, interrupted by 2-week
diet-free intervals. Seven patients could not tolerate the diet,
whereas five other patients adhered to the diet for 1 to 2 months
and then discontinued it. Of the remaining group who adhered to the
diet, 18 of 30 children (60%), improvement was recorded in several
parameters and in accordance with the Childhood Autism Rating Scale.
Significant improvement (> 12 units of the Childhood Autism Rating
Scale) was recorded in two patients (pre-Scale: 35.00 +/- 1.41[mean
+/- SD]), average improvement (> 8-12 units) in eight patients
(pre-Scale: 41.88 +/- 3.14[mean +/- SD]), and minor improvement (2-8
units) in eight patients (pre-Scale: 45.25 +/- 2.76 [mean +/- SD]).
Although these data are very preliminary, there is some evidence
that the ketogenic diet may be used in autistic behavior as an
additional or alternative therapy.

http://www.wellsphere.com...ot-study/739471

___

Okazuje się, że podobnie jak w Polsce rozpoczęły się już jakis czas temu badania nad dietą ketogeniczna i epilepsją, podobnie jest z autyzmem.

Po prostu musiałam zamiast low carb poszukać z hasłem autism i ketogenic.

Cieszę, się, że choć zauważają ,że może to być alternatywa w tej chorobie.

____

sylwiazłodzi 
AutismLowCarbDiet

Wysłany: Czw Sie 26, 2010 08:31   

Dla zainteresowanych i tak dodatkowo w poniższym linku pod artykułem długa lista pismiennictwa dotycząca diety ketogenicznej. Jest m.in. część o Historii diety:HISTORY OF THE KD 1920–1990. Ja przeczytam pózniej ile będe w stanie zrozumieć bo mnie nie chodzi tłumaczenie przez google więc muszę przez jakichś inny translator sobie przetłumaczyć.

_____
The Ketogenic Diet: One Decade Later
John M. Freeman, MD, Eric H. Kossoff, MD, Adam L. Hartman, MD

John M. Freeman Pediatric Epilepsy Center, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland

ABSTRACT

The ketogenic diet, a high fat, adequate protein, low carbohydrate diet, has, during the past decade, had a resurgence of interest for the treatment of difficult-to-control seizures in children. This review traces its history, reviews its uses and side effects, and discusses possible alternatives and the diet’s possible mechanisms of action. Finally, this review looks toward possible future uses of the ketogenic diet for conditions other than epilepsy.

http://pediatrics.aappubl.../full/119/3/535

Ostatnio zmieniony przez sylwiazłodzi Czw Sie 26, 2010 08:32, w całości zmieniany 1 raz  

Odpowiedz do tematu